This image is provided for research purposes only and must not be reproduced without the prior permission of the ACT Heritage Library.
|Title/Caption: ||Edmund Barton statue outside Barton Offices, corner of Kings Avenue and Macquarie Street, Barton|
|Photographer :||Pedersen, Bill|
|Location: ||Barton Offices, Canberra|
Barton, Edmund Sir, 1849-1920
Is part of the Department of Capital Territory
art, monuments and memorials, office buildings, buildings, structures and establishments, Prime Ministers, civic and landscape art, sculptures, statues
|Comments:||Sir Edmund Barton was Australia's first Prime Minister (1901-1903). This sculpture stands outside the building named after him, in the stuburb named after him.
The sculpture is a bronze heroic scale protrait sculpture, one and a half times life size, on a 1.5m concrete cylinder base. It was commissioned of sculptor, Marc Clark in 1981 and unveiled in 1983.
Source- Works of Art in Canberra Volume 2, Canberra. National Capital Development Commission, 1986, p. 1.|